Enchanted Rock Campout April 23-25, 2021
FULL Campout registrations have reached campsite capacity.
Rock climbing and hiking at beautiful Enchanted Rock State Natural Area April 23-25, 2021.
Registration deadline: Sunday, April 18, 2021
Scouts will have the opportunity to learn rock climbing with a qualified climbing instructor. New scouts will focus on First Class Trail required activities like the five mile hike, plants, animals, cooking, other skills and hiking to the top of Enchanted Rock.
When checking out, please make sure to submit order after returning from PayPal.
Please register each attending scout and adult according to the following patrols:
- First-Class Trail Scouts - $12. You will pay your patrol separately for grub.
- Scouts that need to work on the five mile hike and other skills for advancement should register as “First class trail scouts.” All other scouts should register as "Regular Patrol Scouts".
- Regular Patrol Scouts - $12. You will pay your patrol separately for grub.
- Goats - adults, includes grub fee - $32
- Mountain Goats - adults, includes grub fee - $32
- We need adults with an interest in climbing to register as a Mountain Goat and help run the climbing site. Plan to take the 15-minute training at my.scouting.org “Climb on Safely” found in the BSA Learn Center Catalog ahead of the camp. We can train you more on the rock. Questions to Lead Climbing Instructor R. J. Woodward RJW.BSA@comcast.net
- Marmots - Troop 54 scouts assisting with climbing, camping in base camp and eating with goats. These 9 scouts have already been identified and notified. Price includes grub fee - $32
- Instructor (non-troop 54) - climbing instructor - $1, use promo code INSTRUCTOR100 at checkout (for instructors only), includes grub
Location: Enchanted Rock State Natural Area, 16710 Ranch Rd. 965 Fredericksburg, TX 78624
Packing List: Troop 54 Weekend Camping Checklist
Transportation: The park is a 5-hour drive from Houston. The troop will not organize transportation from Houston. Please think about carpooling or camping at E-Rock. We will need all vehicles' license plate number at the time of registration to assist with a timely park entry. Please consider the travel time to E-Rock in order to estimate your arrival. Vehicles should leave Houston no later than 5pm Friday, and plan to depart E-Rock around 10am Sunday.
Adults should plan on driving and indicate:
- vehicle license plate #, year, make, model, color
- arrival/departure plans (if leaving later than 5:00 on Friday or returning earlier than 10:00 am on Sunday)
The medical screening checklist must be submitted upon arrival / check-in at the camp site.
Space is limited, first come first served.
Contact Campmaster Rajeev Raghavan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-301-7587 with questions.